Green tomatoes, horseradish, and jalapeños give the traditional brunch fave a spicy makeover. Make it with jalapeño-infused vodka or tequila for an extra hit of smoke.
- 4 cups green tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of parsley
- ½ cup English cucumber chunks
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jalapeno, quartered
- 2 teaspoons horseradish
- 8 ounces of vodka
- Kosher salt to taste
- For Garnish:
- 4 romaine lettuce leaf hearts
- 4 strips crispy bacon
- cherry tomatoes
- Lemon wedges
- Combine the green tomatoes, vinegar, parsley, cucumber chunks, lime juice, Worcestershire and jalapeno in the jar of a blender. Puree on high until very smooth.
- Stir in the horseradish and the vodka. Season to taste with kosher salt.
- Fill 4 glasses with ice cubes.
- Pour over ice and garnish with Romaine lettuce leaf hearts, and crispy strips of bacon and cherry tomatoes and lemon wedges.