No trip to Philly required. So delicious dish,,that is perfect for every day!
- 2 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 green peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 red peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced
- kosher salt
- 1 1/2 lb. sirloin steak, thinly sliced
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 slices provolone
- 4 hoagie rolls
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon oil. Add peppers and onions and season with salt. Cook, stirring often, until caramelized, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove onions and peppers from skillet and set aside. Add the remaining tablespoon oil and cook the steak until it has almost reached your preferred doneness. Season with salt and pepper.
- Return veggies to the skillet and toss to combine with steak. Blanket the mixture with provolone cheese and cook, covered, until the cheese is melted, about 3 minutes more. Divide the mixture amongst hoagie rolls and serve.