It’s two of your childhood favorites combined in one grab-and-go party snack that doesn’t disappoint.
- 1/4 c. mayonnaise or butter, for grilling bread
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1/2 jar marinara sauce (26-oz.)
- 1 container ricotta (14-oz.)
- 2 c. shredded mozzarella
- Spread butter or mayonnaise on one side of each slice of bread, putting each slice butter-side-down on a platter or piece of parchment paper.
- Spread marinara sauce on each slice of bread, then slather on ricotta. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on every other sandwich, then assemble sandwiches.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, grill sandwiches until each side is lightly golden and the cheese has melted, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Let sandwiches sit for 10 minutes before cutting them into bite-sized pieces. (This keeps the ricotta from spilling out everywhere.) If serving later, place them on a baking sheet in a 200° oven until guests arrive.
- Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.