Say hello to the perfect refreshing warm weather tea.
Traditionally, Moroccan tea is served warm, but I decided to make an iced version, with a hint of lemon and topped off with just a little sparkling water for some fizzy action. It’s super refreshing and perfect for a sunny day.
If you’re serving up this tea for bunch, you can add a splash of vodka if you like for a boozier version!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons loose green tea leaves or 4 green tea bags
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves
- 3-4 tablespoons Honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- sparkling water, for topping
- vodka, to your liking (optional)
- pomegranate arils and mint for serving
1. Bring the 4-5 cups water to a boil. Remove from the heat and add the tea. Cover and steep 5 minutes. Stir in the mint, cover and steep another 5 minutes. Strain the tea into a pitcher and stir in the honey, to taste, and the lemon juice. Chill until cold.
2. Serve the tea over ice, top with sparkling water, and a splash vodka, if using. Garnish with pomegranate arils and fresh mint.