Just a little bite of dessert.
In summertime, it’s always nice to keep your meals light and cool. And that goes double when it comes to dessert.
After all, when it’s 90 degrees out, who wants to heat up the kitchen baking a cake or a pie? No, it makes much more sense to go for something light with fresh fruit, or a frozen treat that helps you stay cool.
These Banana Split Bites are both in one. They have all the flavors of a frosty banana split – banana, chocolate, whipped cream, sprinkles, and even a cherry – but in bite-sized form.
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 1 (8oz) Cool Whip (original or fat free)
- 1 Jar Maraschino Cherries
- Milk Chocolate Candy Discs
- Star buy peeling bananas and cut into 2-3 inch pieces.
- Next, melt the candy discs per package directions and dip each banana into melted chocolate about halfway up the banana.
- Dip the chocolate end of the bananas into the sprinkles and coat well.
- Let these set up and harden for about 10 minutes.
- Place the whipped topping into a piping bag or plastic bag, and pipe a small dollop onto the top of each banana.
- Place a cherry on top of each banana.