This is one of the newest healthy smoothies! This Banana Almond Flax Smoothie is like dessert for breakfast… it’s definitely a smoothie you’ll want to make regularly. And the good news is that it’s packed with good and healthy ingredients.
- 1 medium well ripened banana, peeled diced into pieces, frozen
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/3 cup fat free plain Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp creamy almond butter
- 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed meal
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 – 3 drops almond extract (pour into extract lid first then drop in blender so you don’t add too much)
- 4 ice cubes (optional)
In a blender add banana, almond milk, Greek yogurt, almond butter, ground flaxseed, honey and almond extract. Blend until combined then add ice if desired and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.