Get some winter warmth x 10 with this cosy and delicious mash up of two of your faves: pizza and potato.
Salt, to taste
Pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons pizza sauce (this can be a basic marinara sauce, or whatever you have handy!)
125 grams (1 cup) cheddar or mozzarella, grated
100 grams (3.5 ounces) pepperoni (or salami or chorizo), chopped into chunks
100 grams (½ cup) mixed peppers, diced
75 grams (½ cup) mushrooms, diced
1 small red onion, diced
A few big slices of pepperoni for the very top
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6.
2. Thinly slice the potatoes then toss them in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and olive oil until evenly coated.
3. Place on a tray and bake for 20-25 minutes until slightly crispy, turning halfway through the bake time.
4. Lower the oven temperature to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
5. Place half of the potatoes into a round, oven proof cake tin.
6. Top with half of the pizza sauce, and then half of the other toppings.
7. Make another layer with all the toppings again.
8. Finish off the dish with a bit more cheese and the pepperoni slices if you’re using them.
9. Bake for 15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and turning golden brown.