The inhabitants of this country are very religious, and at the wedding celebrations, men and women are separated.
The kingdom of Saudi Arabia, located in Asia, with its strict religious laws and the vast land of desert parts, has always caused curiosity to the rest of the world.
Some interesting facts about this country:
– Saudi Arabia is the largest country in the world without a river.
– According to traffic deaths, it is the most dangerous driving state along with Malaysia, Thailand and South Africa.
– Riyadh camel market is one of the largest in the world and are sold 100 camels per day.
– The first cafes were opened in the middle of the 15th century in Mecca. According to the strict laws of Islam, coffee is forbidden because it is a stimulant, but many drink it it there. As a substitute they even chew and grains coffee while in the mosque.
– 15 of the 19 accused for the Sept. 11 terrorist attack in America are from Saudi Arabia.
– Wedding celebrations for men and women are held separately. But at a certain moment of the ceremony the groom and the bride are merging.
– She is among the last monarchies of the world and the al-Saud family that ruled her has been in power since 1932.
– The King of Saudi Arabia is the 8th most powerful man in the world according to magazine Forbes.
– Immigrants consist more than 30 percent of the Saudi population.
– The baby’s camel meat is the most precious.
– Non-Muslims are not entitled to citizenship.
– Saudi Arabia is the center of Islam and there are its most sacred places Mecca and Medina.
– More than 95 percent of the country’s surface is a desert or a semi-dryland area. There is also the largest desert of the world Al Nafud.